A technology-first approach to digital transformation is a recipe for disaster. Start instead by overhauling your organization with a customer-centric end goal in mind.
One of the habits from Stephen Covey’s bestselling book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is to begin with the end in mind. Putting that in today’s business context, organizations need to figure out what digital transformation means for their business and what their goals are before they go throwing a bunch of new technologies at an ill-defined problem. By focusing too closely on being competitive and innovative and putting the bulk of their efforts into technology, they might be missing the boat.
– Digital transformation is really about human transformation
– Take a customer-centric approach
– Create new teams
– Fostering collaboration as technology is deployed
– Be unapologetic about change
– Adopt a startup mentality
– Drive management buy-in
by Esther Shein